Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Writing Exercise-Love Confusion Poem

written by S.T. Simms

intro: no date so it was just me lettin the pencil create. ENJOY!!

A life without love isn't worth living/ I'm grinning to pursue you but never knew you / But my hope lies in the future / My eyes see you in a different light despite all the faults and misconceptions of others/ My weapon is love / Devotion to your being / Being Beautiful inside and exterior / Hearing your heartbeats in rhythm / A simple beat set to repeat, looped on a discreet pattern / Something I could never fathom on my own but understand / solely complicated by true feelings / my manly instincts take over making me a slave to sub-conscious wants / I'm chained to your footsteps / I feel unworthy to follow your journey but I'm yearning for our deepest connection / Misdirection of the flesh / Missed perception of my emotions keeps me within breaths length from your soul / I need to grow upward and onward / sinking my trust into the best of you / The rest of you is Taboo / Too new for a boyish mind like mine / Like minds think together solving the equation of love / Revolving around the light from above / Evolution of our touch into a hug / Godspeed be with us / Is this a balancing game? / I have too much to hold on my plate yet it is not enough / Retreat and capture is inevitable / The world is a devouring machine / Satisfaction in destruction / Destroying the paths of star-crossed lovers Like a moth hovering toward flame / the light is healing but treacherous / Our lives at stake / Not the life as in living but the life as in giving up your destiny to become one / A sanctuary of two believers / Believing that our thoughts are not our own but each others / You becoming a mother Me becoming a provider of infinite prosperity / Growth in the right direction / And so it seems I'm just a fool at times, trying to fulfill my insanity by attempting the same things twice / Expectation in new possibilities / For my poetry is a spider's web waiting for you to come near but your wings are too big to catch so I must transform to have you near.

No comments:

Post a Comment